The Veritas Team
meet our board of directors
Since 2016, Veritas has supported the principles that have protected our right to know for generations: independent, verifiable, accountable and aggressive journalism.
VERITAS nurtures journalism in the public interest through a variety of activities:
- Our team organizes national conferences regularly aimed at mid-career journalists and academics to address current domestic and international issues of practice in journalism.
- We facilitate ambitious reporting on under-represented subjects important to Canadian audiences.
- Veritas promotes the importance of the role that journalism plays in Canada and internationally.
- We host public speaking events featuring prominent Canadian voices on matters of civic engagement, journalism, the public’s right to know and government accountability.
- Veritas creates and fosters a network of international journalists and organizations that share the goals and values of Veritas and assist in broad, cross-border reporting.
- Veritas aims to be the home for a database of resources and tools to support practicing journalists and academics in their specific fields of endeavor; international reporting, legal frameworks, technology, the complexities of filing FOI requests, to name a few.
- Our team aims to facilitate a cohesive national strategy for the regular and ongoing professional development of working journalists in Canada that is respected by both practitioners and academics.
Want to get involved?
Get in touch today.